Oceanic VT3 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvm2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone out there use the Oceanic VT3 Dive Computer? How would you review it? Worth the money?

BVM

I do. I've used it for 20+ dives. I like the fact that it's a wireless AI computer, and calculates my dive time remaining (lesser of No Deco time or Air time). I like the ability to download the dive logs to my computer where I can review them. It is supposedly less conservative than many of the other computers out there, but I can adjust that to make it more conservative than it is out of the box. It's also a multi gas/deco computer, so there's room to grow as a diver with it. It was also much cheaper than a comparable Suunto (which is much more conservative). That being said, I don't think I would have paid full retail price for it.

I have 1 that I have used and my wife now does.
I'd say it is one of the better main stream AI wireless computers available today.
That said don't pay MSRP for it. You should be able to find it on sale for as little as $650 complete. $699 is a fair price and it wouldn't take me more than about 15 minutes to find it new, from a authorized dealer for that price including shipping.

I have 1 that I have used and my wife now does.
I'd say it is one of the better main stream AI wireless computers available today.
That said don't pay MSRP for it. You should be able to find it on sale for as little as $650 complete. $699 is a fair price and it wouldn't take me more than about 15 minutes to find it new, from a authorized dealer for that price including shipping.

I've heard you have to buy the transmitter separate. Is this true? It seems I've seen some listed that appear to include the transmitter. Just trying to make sure if I decide to buy it, I don't get half of what I am expecting in the box.

Thanks,

BVM

I've heard you have to buy the transmitter separate. Is this true? It seems I've seen some listed that appear to include the transmitter. Just trying to make sure if I decide to buy it, I don't get half of what I am expecting in the box.

Thanks,

BVM

It's available as a complete kit with the computer, transmitter and download adapter or The computer alone. Without the transmitter the AI features won't work so unless you already have a transmitter it doesn't pay to look at a wireless AI computer. Also to purchase the download adapter separately costs $90 to $100. Purchasing the complete kit on sale is a very good value.

I have the computer with transmitter and find it a very nice tool. I went through several Atom 2.0s which kept going "bad" and finally replaced them with the VT3 this summer. It has a nice large display which is easy to read and so far has done a good job. I would get another one if I was buying a new computer.

Can anyone point me to a palce that has the vt3 w/o a transmitter for a good price? thanks!

Try Scubatoys.com, they will hook you up i am sure.

They were ready to sell me the Elite T3 (same computer) for $625 w/Trans. to match the price at LP.

I bought the UWATEC Galileo SOL instead, but the Elite T3/VT3 is a real nice unit.

Sam

Last edited:
Everyone seems to have the computer for $650 right now. Scuba.com, leisurepro, etc. Do a google search and you'll come up with a bunch.

LP's current price is $650 which doesn't include the transmitter? Sam, where the heck did you get a price of $625 including a transmitter for the T3?? That's a killer price.

I own and love my VT3. Very reliable and easy to operate.

You could buy it from DRIS, he has a 150% low price guarantee which is valid for 60 days after your purchase. So, find a lower price within 60 days after your purchase and the 150% guarantee still stands. Details are in their store on the bottom left 'Information' box.

They also have a 'try before you buy' program. I'm not sure which items it applies too, you might call and ask.

Dive Right In Scuba - Main Store Home

Back
Top Bottom