Looking for a speargun for new england waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brandnew

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Although I'm not quite ready for spearfishing yet, my birthday is coming up here shortly and everyone wants to know what to get me.

I'm primarly going to be after blackfish and striped bass (in the states where they are legal)

I want to get a gun that is big enough to take down these fish and yet small enough to be easily to manuver around the rocks/wrecks

I was thinking about a biller 42" padauk, is this gun suitable for these conditions?

any suggestions would be appricated

Thank you in advance

A 42" overal is just enough for Blacks and Rockfish if in structure. Just make sure that it's legal to spear Rokcs In some states is not. I would recomend the next size (36" shaft) for long term use.
You can cut off some inches from the butt and with 3 slings you will go thru even a hard triggerfish.

I have good memories of many years of Blakfish hunting in the LI Sound before the regulations we have now.

Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom