Miflex QD hose & Hollis BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm posting this in both the XS Scuba and Hollis forums.

This weekend I tried out my Hollis BAC 65 wing with a Miflex inflator hose. While it seemed to inflate fine when I first tried it, after a few minutes in the water it ceased working. It would work only when the hose connector was pushed down toward the inflator. This was so even though the connector did seem to "catch" and lock down.

Is there some general incompatibility between the valve on the Miflex and the connector on Hollis BC's? Or should I assume this was a defective hose?

I'm posting this in both the XS Scuba and Hollis forums.

This weekend I tried out my Hollis BAC 65 wing with a Miflex inflator hose. While it seemed to inflate fine when I first tried it, after a few minutes in the water it ceased working. It would work only when the hose connector was pushed down toward the inflator. This was so even though the connector did seem to "catch" and lock down.

Is there some general incompatibility between the valve on the Miflex and the connector on Hollis BC's? Or should I assume this was a defective hose?

Hi DJ,

I suggest having your LDS take a closer look at the fitting as we are unfamiliar with the Miflex hoses. Could be a tolerance issue of their collar vs. our LPQD nipple or even the shraeder valve.

Thanks,

Not(yet) sure about the connectors Hollis is using but I suspect,the same as Oceanic.
Miflex uses connectors for all fittings.alas we call then "standard"fitting,witch they are NOT.
When Hollis uses the same connector as Oceanic,they use the most widely used but still NOT standard.(there is NO standard)In this "standard"there are atleast 2 different fittings.
1.top of the fitting is flat with 2 small holes.
2.top has a ridge across the top.
These do NOT fit on the same LP hose.
AFAIK the problem is with the shraeder valve used in the QD.

There is a MIMIMAL difference,and it will work when you puch the hose down.

Hope it helps

edit:just checked,Oceanic uses the one with the ridge,it's slightly shorter then the flat ones.

Last edited:
Thanks... the consensus seems to be "Shraeder valve" because the fitting is on the slightly-short side. I'll try returning/replacing the hose and see what happens.

Thanks... the consensus seems to be "Shraeder valve" because the fitting is on the slightly-short side. I'll try returning/replacing the hose and see what happens.

:D yep,it's the Sheader valev,you also could use a longer Shraeder valve.
The ones Trident sells are just that bit longer.
It might just solve your problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom