Mares new Morphos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plutozz

Registered
Reaction score
Any comment of this morphos ? I understand it is combination between back buoyancy and jacket.

Wondering how it performs underwater and surface.:confused:

I have not tried it but i have seen it. Its a pretty cool little package and would be nice to travel with. However when I saw the price of it I was amazed....way to pricy fo rmy taste. It is more of a jacket style than back-inflate. All in all I foudn the Jubilee to be a more impressive piece of equipment and at a much lower price.

I have the morphos and it is a combo of the jacket and back inflate BC. Very strange setup, but very nice.

I have a Scubapro BC and a Seaquest, but the Morphos is really designed for travel. The cocoon is the jacket itself. Very small when closed. Open the cocoon and tuck in the panels and you have the Morphos BC.

There are two trim weight pockets in the rear by the tank holder. One strap is supplied, but the ability for two straps is available (which I use). The side pockets are spacious and easy to access.

I also love the airtrim system, very easy to use. The inflation system is comprised of two bladders. One rear system (the largest), and two jackets panels (one on each side below the pockets). It does work to keep you in an armchair position on the surface.

As far as price is concerned, I ordered mine from Leisure Pro for $399.00

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

I am sure it has more than enough surface lift, what about in water performance. Have u dived using the morphos ?

Plutozz,

Since it has been so cold where I am, I have only done confined water tests at 20ft deep. Full gear in a 3 mil wetsuit.

The BC handles very nicely. Not sure that it is made for cold water diving, but I will test that as soon as I can. Material is light and thin (840D)

Packs 28-30 lbs of lift. Very streamlined in the water. Acts more like a back inflation BC under than on top.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom