Rant: Why do so many locals insist on backing into parking spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L

Lopaka

What is up with this? I am constantly being blocked in a parking lot aisle with some fool trying to back into a spot, back and forth, back and forth...............As if traffic was not congested enough, they cause more of it just parking!

Why do people insist on parking like this rather than just pulling into the spot? This is definitely a local thing, that and the driver's hand limply hanging out the window.

/rant off

Safer while pulling out etc. I combat park everywhere I can.

Road rage can stop with you! Slow down, enjoy life.

Kenny

You live in Hawaii. I suggest to stop complaining and start enjoying life. Other people (myself included) would give their left hand to be fortunate enough to live in a place like that. :wink:

It's so when you come back out from shopping and find 2 SUVs the size of M-1 tanks on either side of you, totally blocking your view, you can exit the space with a modicum of safety. I, of course, always nail the spot on the first try, no backing in-n-out.

You guys are missing the point. This is a unique habit here in it's numbers, was not common in California and most places I have driven. It is so noticeable because so many are poor at it and tie up the whole parking lot while they thrash away.

Sitting in the sun baking away waiting for someone to park where they could have just pulled in is the point. Yes, it is Hawaii, but Honolulu traffic sucks, and the work commute is still a commute.

It's safer. Everyone (yes Ber, you too) should back into parking spots.

Last edited:
It's Hawaii, deal with it, the most considerate, inconsiderate people I've ever met. They'll back up 20 cars to let someone in

Actually a little known fact is that in some states it is illegal to back into to traffic so people get used to backing into there driveways. Maybe just a habit.

We learned in our smith systems driving course that more accidents occur while backing, and they recommend that if you can avoid backing that is preferred. but if you must back than back into the spot first so you can pull out when leaving. it is safer.

I do that so that when I shoplift all my scuba gear I can make a fast getaway :lotsalove:

Nahhh ... if I lived in Hawaii I'd be tooooo busy enjoying life to get bent up over how people park. Deal with the cultural differences and don't sweat the petty stuff. All that anger will eat you up inside.

Using my social security number as my ID number by my HMO. Hello? Ever heard of Identity theft? Could it be that they could use something else?

Here in Texas you'd think people never heard of what the fast lane is for. Doing 54 mph in the left lane would get you ran over in most states, but here? Pffffft ... just gotta deal with it.

For English press 1, para esopanyoll el premo dose. :confused:

Why are my 6" subs 6" long but my 12" subs 10" long? Wth happened to my other 2" of sub sangwich? What's up with that?

I order a hamburger at the drive through. I say ... EVERY TIME i want nothing but mayo tomatoes and lettuce. "Would you like cheese with that?" WOULDN'T THAT MAKE IT A FUGGIN CHEESE BURGER?!?!?!?!?

Road improvements. Gotta have them. But why are there always two guys working and six guys leaning on their shovels? Are they providing security for these shovels? IS there a shovel thief? And Why is there always lane closures when there is no work on that lane to justify its closure? In case they MIGHT work on that lane ... NEXT WEEK SOMETIME?!?!? I gotta get to work THIS week mofo's!!!!

Comb-overs. You're bald ... shave your head and move on cuz ... dang ... that looks nasty.

But hey. Look. We all got our own stuff to be peeved about.

Solution?

Dive more ... grump less :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom