Line cookies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richeod

Reaction score
Does anyone know an internet source where I can get some non-directional line markers (aka cookies). I found I place that was selling some DiveRite ones but they wanted almost $3 a piece. Seemed quite expensive.
Also please don't just tell me to use clothes pins, I can't get them either.

Thanks,
Josh

Richeod once bubbled...
Does anyone know an internet source where I can get some non-directional line markers (aka cookies). I found I place that was selling some DiveRite ones but they wanted almost $3 a piece. Seemed quite expensive.

Have you tried Snoopy Loops - elastic bands cut from inner tube - attach them in a larks foot to the line. Alternatively one of my mates uses a loop of flourescent cord to put around the line using a larks foot*.

You can cut your own line markers out of the lids to margarine tubs.

Duncan

* that when you put the loop around the line and stick one end through the loop and pull it tight.

If you want clothes pins I'll send you some...just let me know wooden or plastic.

We dive one place with lots of intersections. It's a real maze. I don't use cloths pins to mark the intersections for fear they may fall off (or come apart).

Our first non-directional markers were line arrows that we trimmed down to a rectangle. It works really well with the big arrows. If your not laying line you don't use many line arrows anyway.

Either way...spend 20 bucks or 20 minutes and you have enough to last a long time.

Thanks everyone,
"Snoopy loops" sound like a very easy way for me to go. I use inner tube for everything but never heard of using it like that before. Especially like the idea of using cord loops.

Wendy, I appreciate the offer. It's nice to know that there are still people who will do a favor for a complete stranger. I think I like the idea of using the line loops better though. More secure and I already have everything. Thanks again.

www.reefscuba.com is a reasonabl source for cookies and line arrows. Less expensive than most Florida shops or the major caving equipment companies.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom