Cressi Sub Archimedes 1 vs 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveandclimb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What is the difference between the first and versions of the Cressi Sub Archimedes? The Archimedes 1 looks like the N2ition/Nitek Duo but it doesn't seem to have gas switching like they do. The Archimedes 2 does have gas switching but it looks slightly different. I like the bungied wrist mounts and the DSS one can only work with the original Archimedes. I can get either one for a pretty good price used and I am trying to decide whether it is worth 50 bucks more for the Archimedes 2.

Get the one. I think the only real difference is that for the nitrogen loading the 1 is based on 9 tissue compartments where as the 2 uses 12 tissue compartments. They claim this makes it more accurate. The 2 might be a little more liberal than the 1 because of this, because the algorithm used samples from more compartments, but I doubt it's anything that significant. Of course it may also be the other way around.

Other differences made to the 2 per the website...
It looks more modern and has a new band
Gauge mode
Mix switching
3 safety features
expanded ascent indicator
temperature is obtained faster
back light is lighter(not sure what this means) probably brighter. I'm thinking something was lost in the translation from Italian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom