Help with get my Sherwood Wisdom download kit to work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

autoboss1

Reaction score
I have had my wisdom for about three years now. I do like it, but was waiting to get my download kit. I just got my kit and installed it on my loptop that has XP on it and al that happens is it locks up. I can not get it to interface at all. The only screen that show up is the first screen that is the Sherwood screen. I checked the divice manager and it says that it is working. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
ED

I had troubles, too.

Turned out that I'd gotten two bogus cables, in a row!

Talk to your LDS and when they say something along the lines of "I don't know nothing about fixing no computers," have them give you the phone number for Sherwood's tech support guru.

I had a similiar problem and just needed to download the latest drivers. Also be aware that the older cable for the Wisdom is not compatible with Vista. In case you may consider upgrading in the future .
Go to the Sherwood site and download the latest software and make sure you remove the earlier version.

also make sure you download BOTH drivers from the Sherwood website, one for the diving comp and one for your computer (XP)

ok; it does't take much to get me confused on the whole downloading and upgrading process. I've used my download kit on Windows 98 system for my Wisdom. My new computer uses Vista. I just read comment from Kuma1720 that says the old cable isn't compatible with VISTA; which might explain why I"m getting nowhere after I"ve downloaded the upgrade from Sherwood's website; I can't even get the hardware recognized on the system, let alone download the upgrade. So now what do those of us who might be in the same boat do? Buy a new download kit that works with VISTA? Doesn't quite seem fair that we have have to eat that expense.

BP Diver,

I am not sure KUMA1720 is correct, but let's try and get you squared away.

A couple of questions for you.

1. Which version of the Wisdom computer are you diving?
2. Have you been previously been downloading your dives to your PC, and now you are having issues, once you upgraded to Vista on your PC?

Sherwood Rep.

1. I have the "Wisdom", not Wisdom 2.
2. I have previously downloaded dives to an older laptop that used Windows 98. My new laptop uses Windows Vista. I downloaded the Vista upgrade from Sherwood website and saved on my new laptop. When connecting the original download cable to the new laptop I can't even get the PC to recognize the new hardware so that I can at least try to download the Vista upgrade.

This could be a matter of "operater error" but I didn't run into this problem using the outdated version of Windows and the download cable.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BP Diver,

there are two pieces of software you need to download.
1. the new download software
2. the vista driver

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks,
Sherwood Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom