Aladin Pro: How to replace wrist strap with bungee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!
I have an old-school Uwatec Aladin Pro that I love, but the wrist strap comes loose all the time. Any ideas how I could bungee-mount that thing?

aladinproside.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Referencing this picture (sorry about focus) the rubber strap is held on by two pins at the red circles. Drive the pins out from their narrower end (they'll only go one way). Remove the rubber strap, reinsert the pins, and attatch the bungie to the pins.

aladinproside.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

Referencing this picture (sorry about focus) the rubber strap is held on by two pins at the red circles. Drive the pins out from their narrower end (they'll only go one way). Remove the rubber strap, reinsert the pins, and attatch the bungie to the pins.

Hi Steve,
I'll try that tonight! Thank you so much for going to the trouble and posting a picture. I'll report how it went.

Thanks again.

As a side note, why do so many computer makers use watchband style straps that fall off if one pin breaks? Why not have the one piece straps that require both pins to fail before the computer falls off?

Sorry never mind. It's for the Tec,Tec2, and bottom timers. Perhaps you could modify it to fit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom