Putting Together My Deep Outdoors Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I now have a complete Deep Outdoors Matrix BC. When I use the stainless steel back plate with it I plan to also use a stainless steel single tank adapter. However, when I travel all that steel has to be left at home. My question is how do you secure the bladder to the harness? I looked at the owners manual and it shows using just eh tank straps, however it does not appear that it will hold the bladder on the harness unless there is a tank in the strap also.

...you've nailed it. The wing is separate from the harness, and you need the tank to mate the wing to the harness securely if you're only using the tank straps. I'd take the STA with you even when you travel. It seems to me that the Matrix would be a little "soggy" without it. But then I dive a BP, so "soggy" to me is anything without a 12x16 steel plate.

I think i solved my problem last nigt. I assebled the Matirx with the STA and no back plate. I had been concerned that the bolts would be painful at best but thanks to the thick padding it was not a problem. Now all i have to do is figure how to thread that webbing into the buckle on the cam strap. I think i need to tank to get it right though.

I'm concidering buying the Matrix, how did it turn out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom