F/S Top Dawg Mini, Complete Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey There Scubas!
I have a Top Dawg Mini bought just a year ago and having been in the water only one time. It has the Light and Motion monitor back, front cap, and molded to fit Pelican 1520 case. It is a great housing for my Sony HC3 but I do surf videos and of all complaints-- it is too heavy duty for me to use! So I am hoping to sell it and get a lighter housing made more for surface video. It is a GREAT unit for dive shooting and is still in mint condition. I tried it once for about 10 minutes and it was too difficult to use as a surf housing. email me for pictures - chris at soulsurfmedia dot com - paid about $1600 for everything, I am asking $1200 - but will consider reasonable offers.

thanks- Chris Aguilar

I am interested if a will a HC7 fit it??

Yes, Just checked with the backscatter web site and it fits not only my HC3 but the HC7, HC9, HC5, HC1 and others in the smaller format Sony HDV line. It also fits a number of the DCR series. My HC3 fits in there really nicely with room to spare. The mounting plate has several holes in it that allow for you to make it work with several camera. I want to just add that removing the mounting plate is a bit tough to figure out on first glance. It took me for ever to figure it out (the directions were not clear). I will provide the buyer with a set of photos and written directions to spare you the pain I went through! :)

Do you have any pictures of the housing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom