Brutus - in living colour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitetip

Reaction score
Further to my previous post regarding this excellent specimen , and as those who responded seemed keen to see a pic of the beasty itself , I dug around and found a couple of shots of him , taken last year .

Quality not the best . :mean: , This was taken with a lowly MX5 and worked on with PhotoImpact . This year , having spent many green drinking vouchers on a C5050Z and PT015 , there should be plethora of pics with a much improved spec .

Roll on June.

Dive safe all

:wink:

Whitetip

Nice picture whitetip, dive safely hope that you will meet brutus again for future dive trip.

Cheers

Difficult to give a proper measurement , which is something I'll try to tackle this June . ( If he's still around... )

At a guess i's say he's between 3 and 5 foot long from mantle to outstretched tentacles , which is probably the largest - ( alive that is ... The fish markets in the Algarve throw up some amazing specimens ) - octopus I've seen in the Atlantic .

Some Pacific species I'm told are much larger ....

Now wouldn't it be interesting to photograph one of those !!!!!

:D

Dive safe all

Whitetip

Thanks for the pic. It really helps with your previous story. I look forward to more pics if you run into him again.

Go Brutus!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom