SeaQuest Surelock vs Scubapro Weight Integrated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a matter of opinion which are better. My wife has the SureLock on the Diva LX and it works great. There is a distinct, audible click to indicate the weights are secure and a firm tug will release the wieght. She has had no accidental release problems. I wish my SeaQuest Pro Unlimited had them too but mine still had the Velcro.

I did not like the SP release b/c it required two steps: 1) the release of the clip; 2) the tug/pull to release the weights. SP claims this ensures that there is no accidental release but after trying the Night Hawk, the clips were not that easy to release with gloves, and probably will not be easy if you get into a "drop the weight" situation.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

but I bought a new Seaquest Balance with sure-lock a couple of weeks ago and think it's great. I find the click when the weight pockets are inserted to be reassuring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom