Cochran Gemini Price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BNow0707

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a chance to pick up a cochran gemini computer for ALOT less than what they cost new which according to the google search was a little over $1000. I dont know much about them but i do know the they usually have a tank mounted transmitter but can work without that unit. This unit is mounted on the retractor along with a compass. I dive a sunnto cobra and I'm really not interested in switching but would buy it to resale if its worth the hassle. My question is how much would it really be worth?

.....I doubt the new MSRP on a GEMINI is only $ 1000...those are air-integrated units, of which I own 2, plus I have an EMC 20H too. The EMC 20H is probably the $1000 computer.....the GEMINIs easily run over $ 2000 EACH....pay a visit to the Cochran WWW site and see for yourself.
I've been very happy with my Cochrans, and bought them to dive, not to resale...with the economy/stock market/housing market/retirement savings collapsing...and the resulting severely negative impact on the scuba gear/travel market, nowmay not be the best time to speculate/ 'flip' on scuba gear.

I'm not planning on anything technical any time soon.

The only problem i see with this computer is the tank portion of the computer is missing. But the wrist unit is mounted on a retractor with a compass which adds $150 bucks to the cost of a new unit according to one website i looked at. For the price they're askin I think i may buy it if it will turn on and sit on it til i find someone that's lookin for one

Can any of you guys that have them tell me if there is a way to power up the unit out of the water? .

Just so you know, all the value of the gemini is in the tank unit. The calculations, depth, tank pressure monitoring and logging is all done in the tank unit. It is possible to buy an "intelligent" wrist unit with the gemini that will continue to give decompression info in the result of a problem with the the tank unit which may be what you are considering buying.

So if you buy a gemini wrist unit without the tank unit, it is probably more comparable to a commander, but it won't be pc downloadable. so maybe not even that good.

Also, cochran sells nitrox, two mix, three mix and rebreather capability as "upgrades" so you should check what it's capability is before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom