U853 - $110 - Oct 18th - Canned Air - 7:30 AM Departure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickm401

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We have one person who has to work on Saturday, so there is one spot open on the Canned Air if anyone is interested.

We leave at 7:30 am that day and will be back to the dock by 3 pm or so. We will either do two dives on the U853 or a second dive on the Black Point or Heroine, both in 80 to 70 fsw.

Those interested can sleep on the boat the night before, but please advise me if
you wish to do so.

If so, please contact me.

Rick
r_mar@comcast.net

Yeah, fall diving in New England!

We had a rough day yesterday, seas of 5 - 7 over the U853. Once over the site, Wayne called it as a no dive and we opted for another wreck call the Heroine sitting in 75 fsw. It's a small wreck, only 110' long, but was a nice dive.

On the first tie in, there was a strand of 1/4" or 3/8" line twenty feet long holding the hook to the wreck. I was amazed at how this little bit of line could hold a thirty-six foot long boat such as the Canned Air. His safety line was not long enough to tie in, so I had to cut the line and we had to rehook, which went fine.

The water was 62, strong current, vis almost 20 and tons of fish. Seas were only 2 - 4 here, a welcomed relief from the 5 - 7 over the U853.

I've never seen so many big tautog as were on this wreck. If you hit them with the beam of your light they would go racing off. It was funny to see this underwater. Looking forward to going back with my video camera as we enjoyed this wreck.

We bagged a second dive and headed back in. Wayne reduced the cost of the trip for us, a nice gesture on his part. He is pulling his boat after next weekend so it was good to get out with him one last time for this year. We followed up a fun day with lunch at the Mews Tavern.

A dive operator cutting the price of the trip given the travel and attemp is rare IMO. Big kudos to Canned Air and thanks for the report; the Heroine is a nice dive and quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom