tusa bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docstodd

Registered
Reaction score
hello
I am new to diving and new to this board. I am going to be buying some gear in the near future and would like to get some advice. the bc that looks to me like it gives the most bang for the buck is the tusa platina evolution. has anybody used one. any help would be appricated thanks

doc

is a great BC. You should be able to get one for under $250. It is not Seaquest or Zeagle, but it's a solid value at this price. The only problem with the Evolution is the limited sizes. Also look into Beuchat (also named Evolution) if you want something similar in a bigger size.

i have one. but i am switching to bp and wing

it's a good bc but one thing i don't like about the bc is when fully inflated, it fells that the bc is really squizing my body. i don't know if it's just this bc or not, cause the rental jacket style bc wasn't bad as the EVO. the squizing is not an issue when i am diving in the tropical, but using it in the cold water can be a little uncomfortable. maybe because i use more weight in the cold water, so this becomes the lift issue as mentioned by nk5. i was considering selling it over ebay, but i think i am going to keep it so after i got my instructor certification (hopefully this year or next year), i'll use that bc for the pool session or my brother can use it.

if u have some $$$ to spare, i would recommand u try out the bp/wing first. but if u don't, consider how much lift u need before getting this bc (depends on where u dive and how much weight u need). if the EVO has enough lift for u, i would recommand the bc.

hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom