Suunto Vyper Violation Lockout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Vyper locks you out if you violate any deco, or go past a certain depth. If it does can you over ride it? I'm asking because even though I'm doing rec diving I'd like to use it in gauge mode when the time comes to get into tech/wreck deco diving and I heard some computers lock you out after 160'.
Thanx

I'm pretty sure that the Vyper in guage mode will act simply as that, a guage with no lockouts, etc.

Do you know if it shows it on their website? I'm trying to find it on there.
thanx

I would think it will lock you out of deco mode after ANY dive in guage mode. It will have no idea what your previous dive was so it will probably lock you out for 48 hours. Lockout should only effect deco mode, not guage mode. You can still continue to use it guage mode but this will reset the lockout clock.

On the Suunto website there is an excellent simulator so you can test out what it does. You can also download the manual in pdf format (huge file, do it at work :) )

If you dive in gauge mode or in deco/computer mode you cannot change it from that mode until 24 hours later. This keeps you from violating the algorithm by doing a couple dives in computer mode and then switching to gauge mode or vice versa (if you think about it, it makes total sense...the computer would have no idea what your n2 loading was). I have decoed on my Vyper in computer mode before, and it doesn't complain as long as you let it complete it's insanely long shallow stop and don't violate the ascent rates or the algorithm imposed ceiling.

It will not error out at depth in gauge mode. It will lock you out in computer mode if you "bend" the computer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom