Galileo Sol transmitter safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I am now the proud owner of a Galileo Sol, thanks to the info of you good people here on the board.
Once the transmitter was attached, I of course wondered about providing some protection to the transmitter unit which would not interfere with it's function. Being a 21st century kind of guy, I immediately thought of some sort of "transmitter-dom" for safety. I therefore went into the ICU and removed some surgical gloves. Skillfully, I removed and experimented with various digits applying the new coat to the transmitter and found that the index finger of a pair of siz Large was the go : and in a fashionable purple as well.
In any event, while proud of my new work, a short discussion with the techs at Scubapro over a different matter yielded the information that they have a generic rubber cover for the transmitter which is made to protect it. They have key rings, t shirts,even suit hangers in their catalog and accessories list, but never have I seen a rubber transmitter protector.
So ladies and gentlemen, when you have secreted yourselves away for the night in your laboratories, working on a solution to cold fusion and how to personalize your Galileo Sol, just remember, you may want to touch base with Scubapro if you're considering obtaining a little extra protection for your expensive transmitter unit.
Safe diving all.
:)

I didn't know that either, so I will be on the phone to them when I get back from DEMA to see if they can rustle one up. Not that I am particularly bothered about having the extra protection - my transmitter and regs have been chucked about on several trips abroad and in the UK with no worries – but I'd been keen to see what they've come up with.

Cheers for the info!

Mark

That is cool that they make one, yet I find it unnecessary. I have over a hundred dives with my transmitter and my gals has about the same, both with little signs of wear. Trapping the salt water would seem like more of a problem. Drying my gear out is hard enough.

Now the wrist mount units are definitely showing their wear and the cover screens are good to replace once in a while.

That is cool that they make one, yet I find it unnecessary. I have over a hundred dives with my transmitter and my gals has about the same, both with little signs of wear. Trapping the salt water would seem like more of a problem. Drying my gear out is hard enough.

It's like a new car; everyone babies it until it gets the first ding :)

I have sending units on the two tanks I dive with, and they have few, if any dings. Can't say the same thing about my Sol: it is showing marks of distinction (or a lot of use!)

Dan

Back
Top Bottom