Hello from Anchorage, Alaska !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacstar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello from Anchorage, AK. I'm halfway through my PADI Open Water certification through the LDS Dive Alaska, and so far, I'm having a blast learning something new. I was initially just going to do the referral course and do my checkout dives in Cozumel, Mexico, but after some inspirational stories about the diving in the local waters from my instructors have decided to do my checkout dives out in Whittier in a drysuit in November. I'm not too worried about freezing in the water, but I'm terrified of freezing when I get out.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome aboard. Be safe and great to have you here with us.

hehehe thanks...

Don't think too much of me yet. I haven't officially jumped in Alaskan waters yet, so this may be my first and only time I do it. I get cold just thinking of the times I jumped in the water off a boat in Southern California waters.

I'm really looking forward to my trip to Cozumel, Mexico this december, and the other diving adventures I plan to make in the next few years. Since finding this board and reading up on everything dive related, I've become rather "obsessed" to put it mildly :)

:happywave: and welcome to :sblogo:

i LOVE your part of the world so looking forward to hearing about some of your adventures

enjoy!

welcome aboard

hehehe thanks...

Don't think too much of me yet. I haven't officially jumped in Alaskan waters yet, so this may be my first and only time I do it. I get cold just thinking of the times I jumped in the water off a boat in Southern California waters.

I'm really looking forward to my trip to Cozumel, Mexico this december, and the other diving adventures I plan to make in the next few years. Since finding this board and reading up on everything dive related, I've become rather "obsessed" to put it mildly :)

Hope you like it as much as I do. This is a great place to dive.

Hope you like it as much as I do. This is a great place to dive.

I'll be doing my checkout dives in Whittier at the end of November, but once I get back from Mexico, I'm definitely going to try and make a dive out of Seward. Kind of fell in love with the place this past summer after taking a couple tours through the Sea-life Center, doing a cruise, and kayaking out on Fox Island. Alaska is some beautiful country, and I have no regrets moving up here 3 years ago :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom