PADI Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A friend of mine and i had an encounter with 2 OW Divers neer a cave in 35 mtrs that we regularly visit. we just came out of it when we met those 2 other divers hanging around close to that cave. They have not kept a check on there divetime and had blown there ND limits. They had eatch one of those Recreational Diveplanners in there pockets but were diving ....in the grey zone and did not know there dacotime.
As my friend and i had 15Ltr doubbles and only a bottomtime of 12 min. we decidet to take them with decostops acording to our tables and the bottomtime they had (25min) back to the dry.As they had only ithink singles they had to sit it uot on our octos.
Apat from the fact, that they had not sufficient air i think,that the Recriational diveplanner should be expandet to and account for things like this case. Just for safety.

What do you all think.

Michael

Just some questions/comments

1)"They have not kept a check on there divetime and had blown there ND limits." How did you find out this information underwater?

2)"They had eatch one of those Recriatioal Diveplanners in there pockets but were diving" I keep my RDP in my log book nice and dry to read before and after my dive. Now my computer I kept with me in the wet.

3)"that the Recriational diveplanner should be expandet to and account for things like this case" I believe it does. I also learned that in OW class.

4)"As they had only ithink singles they had to sit it uot on our octos." nice of you to share air.

I guess they just did not look at the watch often enough and found out the hard way,that time passes quikly when you are enjoing it. As for underwatercomunikation..we allways carry wetnotes so we kan note our poition for future dives.
They had 15 ltr. singles. We had planned of spending more time down ....but what do you do in a situation like that?

Getting them safely to the surface was the right thing to do. Sounds like they need some refresher or remedial training to get them back into diving safely.

WOW ... Now I think I get it ...

Now I think I know why Don speaks so highly of his "Inflatable Date" ... Could this be his Dive Buddy?

Is this the birth of a Newly Pantented Dive Product ...

The "Share Air" ... Now that's a backup air source! Not to mention they are cheap to take to the movies. The nicest thing is you can fold them up and put them away when youre done.

:mission:

So much for "Plan your dive .... Dive your plan"

Conch

Scuba1....did these two divers you assisted have computers with them?

All my PADI RDP tables say about deco is if a limit is passed by less than 5 min then 8 min at 15 ft is mandatory. If it is exceeded by more than 5 min then 15min at 15 feet is urged if there is enough air to do so.

KN.... LOL.... scary thought

I would imagine part of the reason for no more info than that is it would make it too easy for people who have no business doing deco dives to do them. ( Not that I agree )

Tom

When I learned to dive 30 years ago (YMCA), deco tables were part of the tables I carried. Even as late as the late 80's the SSI tables had a complete set of air deco tables on the back.
The removal of decompression tables from the recreational scene was a move that I thought irresponsible at the time, and I still do. And I still carry my own, even though I carry a computer as well... just in case.
Rick

The YMCA tables still have deco tables on the back. Their not as complete as the US Navy tables but they do provide for most foreseeable screw-ups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom