PDA

View Full Version : Best boat launch for Venice/Caspersen Beach?

jrmfg17
October 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I was thinking of saving myself the brutal swim of the beach dives at Venice/Caspersen beach. So, I'm looking for a public launch ramp near Venice/Caspersen Beach where I can launch my boat. I know there is one at the end of the road by municipal park (Caspersen) but don't know if it will accomodate my boat (I think this is canoe/small boats only). I've got a 23' Cuddy Cabin. Anybody know of any locations that would work?

Thanks.
J.R.

deepstops
October 17th, 2008, 09:42 PM
When I owned a boat, I used this one without problems and it's in a safe neighborhood:
North Jetty Park at 100 Casey Key Rd. at Venice Inlet

tlawler
October 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I was thinking of saving myself the brutal swim of the beach dives at Venice/Caspersen beach. So, I'm looking for a public launch ramp near Venice/Caspersen Beach where I can launch my boat. I know there is one at the end of the road by municipal park (Caspersen) but don't know if it will accomodate my boat (I think this is canoe/small boats only). I've got a 23' Cuddy Cabin. Anybody know of any locations that would work?

Thanks.
J.R.

The public ramp on the North side of Venice Ave. bridge is probably your best bet. It's just off Seaboard Ave. Coords. are: 82.4414W, 27.1020N

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1