Suunto computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi im looking at a suunto companion computer on ebay wondering what sort of money they are worth these days a didnt realise they where so old but being my first comp it wont be to bad till i want to do a nitrox course any ideas

$ 25 is all I would pay,if in perfect condition.
It's old non nitrox,very basic.

David,

Really there are two main kind of wrist mount computers, large computer/computers and smaller watch type computers.

If diving is going to be an important way of life for you, get watch type. If you are going to be a mre occasional rec diver a computer computer will do you fine.

A non nitrox computer? They should give it to you for free. Totally worthless.

Second hand air/nitrox computers. A good buy but make sure it is mint after service with the service unless you want to spend all your time on the surface................

Suunto is good. Oceanic too.

You choose/

I wouldn't buy it! If you want to go Suunto, get a used Gekko in good shape. They should be about $100-$125.
At least you have an exellent 'beginner' computer, and one that is be nitrox capable. Then, if you decide later to go more advanced, you will still have a good backup computer. the only thing the Gekko lacks s a 'Gage' mode. and you realy don't need that.

I wouldn't buy a new air only computer, but getting started with a great deal on a used one isn't a bad thing. For a Companion I definitely wouldn't pay more than $25 as suggested, probably less.

I'm not sure how diving being an important way of life has anything to do with choosing puck vs. watch style. Making sure you can read and operate whatever you get, in your environment, is something important to consider.

If you want a really good computer I would seriously consider the Oceanic VT3, it truly is an amazing recreational comp, it can do just about anything pretty much except trimix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom