Anyone have an Aladin Prime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefraker97

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm buying a BC from my local dive shop, and it comes with a heck of a deal. A free Aladin Prime computer and gauge console. I'm just wondering, is there a catch here? If anyone has reviews for me, please drop them by!

Thanks

I'm buying a BC from my local dive shop, and it comes with a heck of a deal. A free Aladin Prime computer and gauge console. I'm just wondering, is there a catch here? If anyone has reviews for me, please drop them by!

Thanks

Hello,

I believe that this promotion is that if you buy any SCUBAPRO BCD w/AIR2 and any SCUBAPRO regulator, then you get the Aladin Prime... At least that is how my LDS did it. It is a SP promotion, so any SP dealer has this offer.

What i did was take the $458 value of the prime and applied it towards the Gailelio SOL :)

I DID however spend a good amount of time playing with the PRIME, and it is a great little computer. I did NOT dive it, but i am sure you will really like it.

Hope that helps,
Sam

I have an Aladin Prime. It is a solid little computer but if you ever want to transfer your dive log from the console to an actual computer - good luck. It is hard to find a working USB-IR adapter to do so.

I have an Alladin Smart Pro. Wife has the prime. Both work well. I can't remember if I can put the prime in gauge mode or not. I got a generic USB IRDA port that works just fine syncing to my dive computers. Cost about $15 shipped.

Tom

My wife has a prime, works great... IR works just fine for downloading dives if you have your IRDA set up correctly (will work with about any brand of IRDA but it has to be set up right).

Nice computer.

I have one coming (I got mine free with purchase of bc/air2/reg set up) but they are backordered big-time... I have no idea why they are offering this special if they don't have any of them in stock (I got mine the first day the special was available and they were already out of stock).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom