Vytec Transmitter Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
The Vytec transmitter takes a 1/2AA 3V lithium battery. I was having a hard time finding one locally. Until I found out that most of the older Macintosh computers used this size for the logic board backup. I called a few mac stores and they all carried this battery for around $9.

Now THAT is funny.

So there's one. :wink:

Of course, after said battectomy, it goes from power-on uselessness to power-off uselessness... Batt on the logic board. Does that mean when the batt is out, a Mac has no logic? (or just no market share...?)

If a Mac goes feet up in the woods, and nobody is there to hear it.... uh, nevermind.

K

Is it a 3.0 volt 1/2 AA Lithium battery or a 3.6 vollt 1/2 AA Lithium battery? The manual says 3.0 volt but I can only find 3.6 volt.

Art

They are not the same, and not interchangeable...

You should be able to find the 3.0 at a Walmart or Radioshack... It is a pretty common battery...

I just came from Rado Shack. The battery marked as 1/2AA is a 3.6 volt Lithium and the battery is listed for use with Macs. The CR2 Lithium battery is a 3.0 Lithium battery and is the same physical size. Which one is it?

I did a little more research. It seems as though the 1/2 AA battery is different from other manufacturers. For instance, the 1/2 AA I picked up is 3.6V. I WAS WRONG. THIS IS NOT THE BATTERY TO USE. I checked the original battery with a volmeter and it is 3.0V. So get the CR2. Here is the data sheet on the original battery.Varta 1/2 AA info PDF

I have been doing some research as well. I found another Varta 3.0 volt lithium battery that is listed as a 1/2AA battery. The battery that you provided a link to is a 2/3 A battery that is physically larger than a 1/2AA battery. In addition I discovered that the CR2 battery is slightly larger than a 1/2AA battery. The Varta link is
Varta CR 1/2AA battery

The batterybarn.com lists a 3 volt Lithium CR 1/2AA Varta battery for $6.50 I have emailed them to see if this is the right battery.

I'll let you know what I find out. Can you measure your Varta battery from your Vytec transmitter and see what size it is? I think it should have a 14.5 mm diameter and a 25 mm height (0.57 inch by 0.98 inch).

MechDiver once bubbled...
So you're saying someone finally found a use for a Macintosh? Other than in a pie of course :D

MD
Mechdivers M.O. once again revealed.

"I use a PC, anyone who uses something different doesn't know what they're doing."

"I use my crotch strap...that's the only way."

"I rig my pony this way....you must be stupid."

Blah, blah, blah. I have never read posts from someone so devoid of subtance. Again, use whatever set-up you find attractive, but for God's sake, please don't try to teach other divers!

I did measure the Varta 1/2 AA in my transmitter and it measured 14.5mm x 25mm. Sorry for the link to the 2/3 AA, I had so many pdf's open that I accidentally linked to the wrong one. Let us know what batterybarn says.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom