Deer Skull in Hathaway.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In keeping with my pledge to only dive shallow, boring ponds; I was down at Hathaway Pond today and spotted what looked to be a deer skull on the cabin cruiser. Kinda cool if you are into that sort of thing :wink:

IMG_0412-1.jpg

IMG_0413-1.jpg

Horse, I believe.

I think you could be right - the teeth are awful big for a deer. One has to wonder how a horse (or cow) ended up in there though.

Horse could have been pulling something across the fronzen pond in winter and fell through thin ice or someone could have dumped the carcas.

That old skull has been there a long time. It was common practice to dump dead carcasses into a pond or lake years ago rather than burry them to avoid the smell. maybe another diver found it in the mud and placed it there.

John, we've got to get a dive in soon, now that we're only living a block away from each other.

You aren't serious about the boring pond thing, are you? There are so many boring beaches nearby...

You aren't serious about the boring pond thing, are you? There are so many boring beaches nearby...

I don't know how I have gotten myself into this pond diving thing - but it's pretty sad. Every time I go to Al's shop they tease me (rightly so). As winter approaches, I try to hit up the beaches around us more (Black rock, Pegotty etc). I just wish they would keep the stairs in at Gunrock at little bit longer.

Anyways, we'll defiantly have to get in the water sooner or later this winter. Drop me a line if you end up doing any charter dives the next couple of weeks. I've been working a ton lately, but that's going to change in a few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom