need some info and ? price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
does any one what the price of stanless steel backplate and harness would cost (dive rite)
or wear i can find info and possible price

Joe, you might want to drop FredT (board member) an email for his price list. I understand he makes a good quality BP.
On the other hand, you may want to do what I am going to do. I am going to rent/borrow one for the class. I want to dive before I buy, I am happy with my current BC's.

You going to make Gypsy's sale on Sat?

no sorry, I have to work go figure but plan on geing there friday evening for the gypsy meeting when some of the boat capt s coming down , also going to watch the Ghost of the abyss crosroads theater if i can find it .

Medic13

"Ghosts of the Abyss" is IMAX screens only in case you missed my review of it. it requires the 3d visor.

So dont look for it at your regular movie theaters and check your local area for IMAX screens.

Andy

Its a thumbs up, i enjoyed the hell out of it.

I heard that Ghosts of the Abyss was pretty good. I missed it though. As far as your B/P goes here's a whole bunch of links to help your search.
Dive Rite Express
Extreme Exposure
Gary Hoadleys eBay Store
LP
Or you could give Fred T a pm and see what he has that may suit your needs. I've got a Haodley plate for my kit. My g/f wants a B/P and wings set with a Hoadley plate as well. So far, he's the only one I've seen that makes an AL plate about 1.5 - 2 inches smaller than the standard size. She's 5' 1'' so that should work out quite well for her. Hope that helps:D

Score

you didnt miss it, it doesnt open to the public until Sat 11th, which is tomorrow :)

I was lucky enough to go to the premiere 2 weeks ago, Mr Cameron was even there, did a little speach before the showing.

Andy

My friends were talking about going to the Imax for something last week. I guess it was something different. I think I got it confused with something that was on cable maybe last week or the week before. In that case, I'll be going to see it then:D

When I bought my BP from FredT last year, you could buy a plate for $72-$104, depending on the weight of the plate, the size and whether he "deburred" it for you.

STA's were $50 or $65 (Diff. = deburring)

A harness kit/webbing was about $40.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom