Should I buy a used Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Putting my first dive package together(slowly) I have the opurtunity to buy an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus computer for around $75 plus some other gear. I saw a recall for the computer but only in certain serial numbers. If the computer not in the infected serial numbers is it worth $75 and is this a good computer?

thanks all.

In my opinion, that would be an EXCELLENT buy.

I sold my Pro Plus to a dive buddy when I went to the VT Pro a few years ago.

I'd dived the Pro Plus for about 8 years. My buddy is still using the Pro Plus and without any issues.

Let me put it this way, if you don't want to buy it, let me know who's selling it and I'll buy it for a backup.

the K

Heck yea. You can't buy a guage set for that. The Pro Plus is an older computer but I still use mine and it works just fine.

-Charles

I just got the Pro Plus 2 and it is awesome! I looked at the Pro Plus manual compared to mine and it looks like all the features (and more) are pretty much the same.

I would definitely jump on that offer!

Ken

I would offer a word of caution. My son and I both purchased PPs in 2002. We loved the computers, both had several hundred dives on them. Recently both started periodically giving aberrant NDL profiles. We were told by Oceanic Service that the transducers were going out of tolerance and they were giving profiles for 2000 foot elevation. Oceanic no longer offers full service on PPs and were unable to repair ours. On the other hand, Oceanic upgraded both computers to PP2s for half price of a new units. We are again, very happy with our Oceanic computers. I don't know how common this problem is with well used PPs but would keep it in mind.

Heck man, if you don't want it, let me know who's selling it and I'll buy it :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom