Wisdom 2 USB Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicken197

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am having a difficult time swallowing the $75 cost for a USB cable. Is the software and the data retrieved worth the cost? Why is the cable so expensive? I know other computers also have high dollar cables too. Are they made from some rare materials only available in limited quantities worldwide?

I think that this cable is made out of "unobtanium". I bought it too and I have yet to download any data. I get the info from the logs and fill out the dive log book and that's pretty much it. Between sitting in front of a computer looking at zigzag graphics or doing something fun, I choose doing something fun.

I haven't bought the cable. I guess I need to download the software so I can see what the reports look like. I was wondering if those who have bought the cable were happy with the software and the data collected. I'm still doing it old school with a dive log and pen.

I haven't bought the Wisdom cable either. I just flip through the review to write down my log information.

I can't figure out why they cost so much, and I sell them. They must be hand-made from some rare, exotic materials. Plus, they cost a lot because they have Oceanic, Aeris, and Sherwood printed on them. That alone is worth $50-$60.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom