Have I run out of affordable world??? USD3.5k + flight from London in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I'm desperate to get away in December 2008
Can you help me?

It has to be a liveaboard and all in must be an absolute maximum of USD3.5k + flight from London
Single girl young enough to want to have fun and dive loads and loads and loads

I don't want to go to (because I've dived there too many times already or I was not too impressed by them):

Maldives
Egypt
Oman
Goa
Thailand
Galapagos
Saba
Turks + Caicos
Cayman
Barbados
Europe

So, any ideas?

Thanks ...... Venus

No idea of the cost but Bahamas? I believe there are a number of good live aboards that operate there.

Nekton boats are both in Puerto Rico/St. Croix in December, I would check and see if they have any space. Fly into San Juan, PR........
Nekton Cruises > Home
would we much less $$$ and you haven't been there.

another option, Utila Aggressor, Aggressor Fleet | The ultimate in live-aboards since 1984 but that would be more $$$ than the Nekton.

robin:D

First its a bad time of year Christmas season = Price rise, But a day can make a difference. I flew US-UK the day after Christmas day $100 less.
You could look into Asia, Cathy Pacific run some great deals.

thanks everyone

bahamas - no, I've done too much in the Caribbean and did not like the last trip so i am a little put off now

nekton - no, i looked at these boats before and sorry to say was put off by all the poor reports

asia - yes, this is probably what i'll do
i started looking at africa in quite a bit of detail and chatted with a few people off here, but i don't really get on with shore base trips
asia has loads of liveaboards so, i'm going to focus on that

truk or cocos are too expensive for me

have a good week

Venus

The Sulawesi Aggressor is about $2500. I see from your scuba-girl link that you are a photographer. For a macro photographer, this is pretty much the pilgrimage to Mecca. It's one of those destinations you really don't need a liveaboard for, but there's certainly no reason not to.

http://www.aggressor.com/rates.php#sulawesi

How about the Coral Sea? The Spoilsport is about $2700 for a week. It was a nice boat and a great trip 10 years ago. Flights to Cairns might kill your budget though.

http://www.mikeball.com/Coral_Sea_safari_Liveaboard_Scuba_Diving_Australia.htm

I think you have ruled out most of your cheaper destinations, so yes, you may have priced yourself out.

Last year we did the Great Barrier Reef in December and it was a great time to go, although very hot for land based activities.

We did the Nimrod Explorer, which was recently sold.

The Sulawesi Aggressor is about $2500.

good suggestion - this is probably where i will end up going
we have the dive show in london on the weekend so i will be going negotiating hard with the aggressor stand, especially with the devaluing pound
and, they have availability in the only window that i have

How about the Coral Sea? Flights to Cairns might kill your budget though

OMG - flight to Cairns might kill me

did i mention that i hate flying and have to dose up with sleeping pills before i get on the plane

i wish someone would invent teleportation within my lifetime :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom