Rookie Seahunter...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afraser31

Reaction score
HI-
Is there anybody out there who have spearfished halibuts? I'll be heading out to Channel Islands on August 9,10, and 11. This is a live boat dive which it include two night dives. What does it take to become effective and silent seahunter? My speargun is a JBL 38 Special NW for which it can be use for halibuts as well as rock fishes.
I'm really excite going diving and see a whole lot of marine life and make new friends.. :)

P.S. I will let everyone know how it went as soon as I get back!

afraser31

dOOd, been there done that! I've been out to the Channel Islands many many times with a spear gun. There's plenty to hit... just make sure you're the first one in the water and that you know what your limits and minimum sizes are. The boat crew and fellow divers will certainly appreciate it when you share your prizes with them.

What boat are you going out with?

Man-o-man, My diving partner and I was just talking about that today. Please let us/me know how it was and the cost of the boats. Would be greatly appreciated. It's got to be one heck of a dive!!!! Too Cool!!!!!! Wonder if I could use my pole spear? ummmm.. the possibilities

The boat trips which are overnighters and allow you anywhere from 4 to 5 dives only cost about $80-90 which is well worth it. Airfills are included and the staff is very helpful. There is always someone on the swimstep assisting boarding the boat, they help you don and doff your gear and even fill your cylinders while you swap sea stories. Check out Horizon Charters for specific dates and times.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Back
Top Bottom