Leg cramps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JillGadget

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any ideas about strengthening/stretching calf and foot muscles? I am preparing for a trip and went into the pool to make sure everything worked fine and just get comfortable and got such leg and foot cramps especially doing the frog kick. Is there anything to prevent this during my month long surface intervals. NOt that it will work in the next 2 weeks, but for the future.
Thanks,
Jill

Does anyone have any ideas about strengthening/stretching calf and foot muscles? I am preparing for a trip and went into the pool to make sure everything worked fine and just get comfortable and got such leg and foot cramps especially doing the frog kick. Is there anything to prevent this during my month long surface intervals. Not that it will work in the next 2 weeks, but for the future.
Thanks,
Jill

Jill the following URL should give you exactly what you are looking for.
It is a whole chapter on the subject from the book "Fitness for Diving" by
Cameron L. Martz.

In addition to being a diver and tri-athlete he also has an educational and professional background in exercise physiology.

http://www.divefitness.com/html/articles/article_pdfs/foot_calf.pdf

It is actually in PDF form so you can easily save it to your PC for future reference.
Let me know what you think after you have had an opportunity to read it.

I think the articles on Cameron's website are about the best I've found as references for avoiding cramps. The whole book is good, and worth buying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom