Cobra with Vista help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverralph

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone!
I have had a Suunto Cobra for quite awhile now and I bought a Belkin USB adapter to use it on the system that I had at the time. Now, I just bought a top-of-the-line XPS1530 Dell laptop with Vista SP-1 and 32 bit (I heard that 32-bit is the way to go). I do not have the multi-pin capability in my laptop, so I have to use a USB adapter. I am having problems installing the Belkin, so I cannot download my Cobra.

I just downloaded the latest version of the Cobra software....2.6.0 (I think that is what it is).

I am not a computer geek by the wildest imagination so I am a little helpless here...but I can get around inside the computer. Can someone "walk" me through the best way to download my Cobra dives? Can someone suggest a good USB adapter to buy? I will get a new one if I have to. Thanks sooo much for any help on this half of my question.

On to my next half of this question...
I just recently bought a Citizen Cyber-Aqualand dive computer/watch. I tried to install the drivers from the supplied disc and the little cursor just spins and it shows "not responding", and doesn't do anything. My brother managed to get his drivers installed but he is far more illiterate in computers and he cannot tell me why he can do that and I cannot. I called Citizen and they could not help.

Does anyone have a Cyber-Aqualand that had this problem?

Thanks again for anyone that can help me with this.

Have a great weekend!!
Ralph K

Back
Top Bottom