Lobster hunting off Boca Raton, FL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i live in boca, and we find keepers on pretty much any reef from 30' to 100', as long as you go somewhere where there are decent ledges. but some areas of the reef there will be none and others there will be tons, so its really a lot of luck

Thanks for the input commander I appreciate it I hope we find the keepers.

Just a couple of tips:

* Lobster license's are individually purchased, the boat/charter does not hold a license. You can purchase yours on-line and print it out here:
LICENSE AND PERMIT REQUIREMENTS

* Bugs are usually located where other divers HAVE NOT taken them already. If alot of people are on the boat and you follow them, they'll catch the bugs first. Don't follow the others.

* More divers, less bugs for you. Find a boat that knows lobster hunting/spearing and use them. I like Diversity and Capt Tony in Boca, but there are many others too.

* SE Florida bugs are quicker and smaller than SC bugs. Your movements (ie tickle stick) will need to be very slow to coax them out of the hole.

* If you haven't bug hunted before, you might want to get the video ' Tail Tamer ' and learn the techniques and tips.

* Lastly, post your picture here after your trip. You'll find alot more support with pictures!

IMG_1391.jpg

yeah for boat diving i would go with diversity also, good guy/crew and they just got a brand new engine and did some work on the boat.

for a beach dive, i went straight off of atlantic about 1/4th mile and came up with 8 bugs yesterday

I sure appreciate the advice and I am planing on going out on the Diversity. I have never done this part of diving before but I am wanting to try it. my next feat is to spearfish I am still a little leary.

for a beach dive, i went straight off of atlantic about 1/4th mile and came up with 8 bugs yesterday

Congrats!!! That's better results than most bug hunters are seeing in SE Florida this month.

If you want a six pack, check "Variancharters.com".
Paul is an experienced capt. and a cool guy.
Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom