Visiting and diving both sides of Egypt? Your thoughts, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tricia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for feedback on a trip planned for May 2009. A dear friend of mine (who was a serious Egyptophile) died last spring and left me some money to do a trip to Egypt to visit the Luxor area and to dive at Sharm. (This will be my third trip to Egypt: I first learned to dive at Sharm in 2000, but couldn't do Ras Mohammed because of lack of dives. Now I'm at 100+ dives and looking forward to seeing it!) I also visited Egypt in December 2004, when I toured all the major sites on the mainland and dove at El Gouna.

This time, I want to do a cruise again on the Nile and then visit a temple near Luxor. After, I want to go diving in Sharm. Here's my proposed itinerary:

Dates 1 – 17 May 2009

1 May: Fly Paris to Aswan (or Luxor, if necessary)

2- 4 May: Cruise on the Nile from Aswan to Luxor

5-7 May: Tourism in Luxor (must include a visit to the Temple of Hatshepsut)

8 May: Fly from Luxor to Sharm El Sheik

8-17 May: Diving in Sharm with Camel Dive Club

17 May: Fly from Sharm El Sheik to Paris

My problem is this: I'm not sure of the best way to set this all up. Because I'm out in Normandy, there aren't any travel agents who really know Egypt. I visited one in Paris, but was not impressed. I could do it via the internet and telephone, but would like some recommendations. If you know of a GOOD Egypt travel agent in the US, UK or France, please let me know!

And of course, your feedback on my proposed itinerary is also welcome! I'm afraid I haven't left enough time for the tourism things at the beginning, but I do so want to dive in Sharm. Oof!

Thanks in advance!

Tricia

+1 for Longwood - very professional

You can always book yourself on line. Egyptair have a good website and good prices for flights. We are just looking at doing a similar trip although we are based in Sharm. Nile cruises only operate on certain days of the week so you need to co-ordinate your flights with their departures.

Try Egypt Travel agency, Egypt tours, tourism Egypt travel packages, Vacations, Guide, Holiday and Egypt Hotel Reservation Centre, Egypt Hotels for Nile cruises - takes a bit of effort but worthwhile. Have just been quoted US$430 per person per night by an agent as opposed to about US$100 per person per night booking direct.

Hope this is useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom