Oceanic VT3 / Aeris Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divesergeant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Does anyone dive either of these? Actually, I understand they are essentially the same.

How reliable are they? How is the battery life in the sending unit?

I use the Aeris Atmos Ai and really like it, but think a hoseless might be nicer.

Thanks,
DS

Does anyone dive either of these? Actually, I understand they are essentially the same.
I dive the VT3. The VT3 and T3 are the same with some cosmetic differences in their displays and the VT3 has a air time remaining countdown display that the T3 doesn't.

How reliable are they? How is the battery life in the sending unit?
I've had one failure of a VT3 that was due to a missing battery compartment O-ring. Luckily it completely failed at the surface after the dive. Unfortunately, it meant putting on a borrowed SPG and using tables for the next 2 weeks since I was in Cozumel, MX and there is no repair facility (Oceanic lists a couple, but they don't do Oceanic anymore). I now dive with a back-up Geo and carry a SPG in my save-a-dive. I really don't know what the battery life is on the transmitters. Both of my transmitters (one on my reg and the one on my wife's for buddy check) are still reading "GOOD" after about 50 dives, but I do carry spare batteries for everything, just in case. So far I'm happy with the VT3, although it does tend to lose the transmitter signal, only for a second or 2 at a time, more often than my wife's Uwatec Galileo Sol.

I also dive the VT3 and haven't yet had a sync issue. I've had it for just about a year and the battery is showing 3 of 4 bars on the computer. Don't know about the transmitter - I'll replace both at once and have extra batteries with me in the save a dive kit.

I love it, easy to use, good software, great display, one less hose.

Thanks Fish and Byte. I'm all for the "one less hose" theory. While some think it's cool to be festooned with all manner of gear, I'm leaning toward having the essentials and leaving the extra stuff behind. This should help with luggage allowances, too, since dive stuff is often kind of hefty.

DS

Had the VT3 and sold it for the Galileo Sol... Very good computer loses contact with receiver every now and then but it's only 1-2 seconds...

MG

It sounds like many use the Gallileo Sol. Am I correct that the Sol is much more $$.
DS

The VT3 is a good computer, never had problems with mine (except for locking me out because it didn't like the profile/deco my VR3 demanded :) )

Had the VT3 and sold it for the Galileo Sol... Very good computer loses contact with receiver every now and then but it's only 1-2 seconds...MG

:hijack:

Checking out the Sol I found this website with some pictures. One is a display showing the underwater layout of a dive site, Little Brother Island, with direction arrows and entry/exit point.

Do you know where those pix come from? Is that a feature you use?

Sorry for hijack............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom