Computer with pressure guage or separate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnydude

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am almost done putting together my diving gear. Picked up a new reg set with mini 3 guage console. Was going to next look for a computer. What is the consensus on these? Getting one that replaces the console completely or adding a wrist or hose mounted one that gives dive time, depth, etc?

I think you are asking wrist or air integrated console.

I am a big fan of wrist mount computers. I like having critical info (depth, time, nitro loading, no deco etc) in front of me and that is usually where my hands are.

Having said that I prefer an analog SPG clipped off at my hip. Not air integrated. I don't need to check my gas that often, but when I do I like the idea of the simple mechanical gauge.

I recommend getting the AI wrist mounted computer with an anolog pressure guage and depth guage as a backup. You can never have to many backups plus like Splitlip said I also like the idea of having a mechanical guage.

I use a wrist mounted computer/bottom timer and a brass & glass SPG clipped off to a d-ring on my BP/W on the left hip.

Before you go spending big dollars on an AI transmitter, make sure you have the essentials in hand first. If you are going to be diving locally in Washington, a drysuit might be in order before an expensive computer with features you don't need.

Last edited:
Welcome to SCUBA!!! I would take it one step backward and ask you how often are you going to dive and what kind of diving are you doing? What is your budget?

I do agree that it is always good to have a analog pressure guage as you never have to worry about the batteries going out and ending your dive immediately. I guess the answer really depends on the questions I have proposed above. Hope this helps.

I have my computer on my console, with an analog pressure gauge. Sometimes I would prefer to have the computer on my wrist, but it is OK for now. I use to have it on my wrist, but somewhere it went UA, so it is now console bound.
Personal preference will determine what works for you. Good luck:wink:

Back
Top Bottom