Sharm al Sheik or El Quseir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
Please help me i must decide where to go in few days, and i am considering between Sharm al sheik and El Quseir. What is better for diving and snorkeling ? Or is it similar? Because i am just a beginner, i cannot go to best local places (like Elphistone reef). I have heard good things about Ras Mohammed, but i am afraid of crowds of divers and damaged corals there. Whats your opinion ad experience?

Please help me i must decide where to go in few days, and i am considering between Sharm al sheik and El Quseir. What is better for diving and snorkeling ? Or is it similar? Because i am just a beginner, i cannot go to best local places (like Elphistone reef). I have heard good things about Ras Mohammed, but i am afraid of crowds of divers and damaged corals there. Whats your opinion ad experience?

I haven't been in El Quseir, but I read that apart from diving and hotels, there isn't much nightlife, restaurants to choose from etc. It's very quite. On the other hand, Sharm is busy under and over the water.

My suggestion, especially that you are beginner would be Dahab. It is very calm, relaxing place, with great choice of restaurants in the center and perfect diving. Most of the diving spots are accessible from offshore.

Back
Top Bottom