Where to stay in Manado or vicinity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.. We have a dive trip scheduled on Peter Hughes Paradise Dancer liveaboard. We will be arriving in Manado a few days early and will need to stay somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would prefer someplace reasonable where we can lounge in the sun..and on the beach. TIA

Most of the hotels were kinda rough-maybe someone knows of a resort or something nicer outside of Manado?

If not, the penthouse suite at the Celebes was nice enough to sleep off jet lag - not sure your taste?? Huge clean rooms, 2 king sized beds & sofa, views of the busy harbor, balcony, aircon, bath tub all for something like $38US? Restraunt inside. But no beaches. It's right on the harbor with boats going to Bunakan so it might be easy to catch your liveaboard?

Telephone: 0431 870425
Email: hotelcelebesmdo@yahoo.com

Have fun.

Check Sedona Welcome to Sedona Hotels International, the only 5 star hotel.
They claim they have private sandy white beach. USD 175 / per pax for 3 days/2night all inclusive is not bad for 5 star hotel.
Never stay there as my daughters prefer Ritzy hotel, close to the big mall and seafood restaurant.

Tasik Ria Resort Hotel & Spa Manado, North Sulawesi - a boutique style property with 34 rooms

I have stayed there and is very comfortable (including a swim up bar/grill in the pool). Has a nice beach and on Friday nights, a local elementary school comes in and performs a traditional dance at a beach BBQ.

How's Santika / Thalassa these days? thinking of going to Manado over CNY.

We are heading there about a week from now. I'll let you know when we get back. Would love to hear anyone elses recent experiences.

The Ritzy in downtown Manado if you want a clean fairly reasonable hotel.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Someone O know suggested Tasik Ria Resort & Spa Manado - North Sulawesi. Anyone know that place? I'm also trying to find a flight from Phuket to
anado that won't break the bank!! All I can find is SIlk Air and Garuda. Is that it?

We stayed at Tasik Ria on Sept. 2006. fair house reef, good service, good food; though not a luxury accomodation, a bit outside of town. no complaint but on the next trip - Dec. 2008; we choose other hotel at downtown.
For flight; pls check Air Asia to KL then 4 hours flight KL to Manado.
My KL - manado - KL on Dec. 2008 cost me less than USD 600 for 4 pax; much much cheaper than Silk air (from singapore) or garuda (from Jakarta).

Thanks for all the suggestions! Someone O know suggested Tasik Ria Resort & Spa Manado - North Sulawesi. Anyone know that place? I'm also trying to find a flight from Phuket to
anado that won't break the bank!! All I can find is SIlk Air and Garuda. Is that it?

You could try a connection through KL with Air Asia

Back
Top Bottom