Galileo Sol "Error 5" message.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a new Galileo Sol and consider it to be a great piece of equipment.
While working through it, I read that in terms of the battery housing, the o-ring should be clean and well lubricated. Well, having sustained damage to other devices due to dirty o-rings, I opened it, cleaned it etc. On closing the device, it demonstrated "ERROR 5".
I immediately unscrewed it, thinking it was due to some misalignment, and repeated closure. This time, no error message and seems to work like a charm.

My questions are these :

Has anyone ever experienced such an "error" message ?

Scubapro techs seemed to think it was due to misalignemnet of battery. Apparently, when closing the compartment, you have to align a notch in the computer housing with the notch on the lid.

Do you think it is now reasonable to risk diving with it as it seems to be functioning as per normal with IR interaction etc, and the error message has now disappeared.

Great timing to start messing with it since I'm leaving for Palau in 2 days :dunce: .
Thanks in advance.

One would think that the "Techs" at SP might now what the error code was since their company developed the software:shakehead:

With that being said, PM me as i have a contact that might be able to help a little bit more.

I will shoot him an email to get started on it.

Regards,
Sam

I just purchased a new Galileo Sol and consider it to be a great piece of equipment.
While working through it, I read that in terms of the battery housing, the o-ring should be clean and well lubricated. Well, having sustained damage to other devices due to dirty o-rings, I opened it, cleaned it etc. On closing the device, it demonstrated "ERROR 5".
I immediately unscrewed it, thinking it was due to some misalignment, and repeated closure. This time, no error message and seems to work like a charm.

My questions are these :

Scubapro techs seemed to think it was due to misalignemnet of battery. Apparently, when closing the compartment, you have to align a notch in the computer housing with the notch on the lid.

Do you think it is now reasonable to risk diving with it as it seems to be functioning as per normal with IR interaction etc, and the error message has now disappeared.

Great timing to start messing with it since I'm leaving for Palau in 2 days :dunce: .
Thanks in advance.

From the SCUBAPRO tech:

Error 5 is the code for misalignment of the battery cap. See diagram on page 75 in the manual for proper cap alignment.

Once the code goes away, it will be fine for diving.

Regards,
Sam

My questions are these :

Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom