Peak vs Off Peak Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYC-Diver

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice last year!!
I had a great trip last February to Bali (although it could've used a bit more sun)

Anyway, this year I had wanted to go back to Bali hrough Christmas and New Year's.... but I need an idea of how much, if any, prices will increase.

Will all those cheap dive resorts double or triple in prices? Will sleepy little towns be packed with drunken Germans and Australians?

Is there a major difference?

I'm going to avoid Kuta.

I already noticed my flight to Jakarta will be a few hundred bucks more...

And, any good non-Bali suggestions that will keep a non-diver entertained.

Thanks,
chuck

I have visited Padangbai/ Candidasa many times over Christmas period and it has always been very calm - However this year is apparently a record one in terms of tourist arrivals in Bali, so who knows...

Agree with frogfish, more tourist visiting bali this year. Main tourist area typically flooded by local and regional tourist - but for diving destination I believe not too bad.
During the peak season they will apply surcharge 20 - 50% + compulsary dinner on eve and new year.

Actually Bali is more popular for non-diving activity - plenty choices for non-divers; you mention - you'll get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom