Scooter test results - the full Monty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As most of you know, in July we conducted the Tahoe Benchmark, where we tested as many scooters as we could get our hands on, under very rigorous testing conditions.

Although most of the scooters in the test are "technical" scooters, there are two recreational ones. The 2009 test will include more recreational scooters, as Sea Doo will participate (they had none to send for the 2008 test)

So here it is. Please keep in mind this is a research paper, all 25 pages of it, not some quick-flip article from Cosmo. I feel it would not be fair to release just the bare results, without a complete explanation of the methodology and the test conditions.

CoverPageMedium.jpg

The Tahoe Benchmark scooter test

All the best, James

Thanks a lot for the test info! I have been looking very hard at scooters for my wife and I and the information you so painstakingly laid out was great reading! I read every page with interest, thanks!

That's an impressive testing regime. Thanks for all the information. Now if I could only figure out where to get the money for a Cuda.

Great job-seems like a lot of work. I hope you got to keep them afterwords!

I thought I read everything but could have missed one of the most important things: Price Is there a price comparison page?

Thanks

Great job-seems like a lot of work. I hope you got to keep them afterwords! <snip>
Nope. They all went home to the factories they came from.

<snip>I thought I read everything but could have missed one of the most important things: Price Is there a price comparison page?

Thanks
There actually wasn't one. We didn't add that because the prices are readily available on the internet.

However, interestingly enough, the sccooter with the best price/performance ratio is the Torpedo. How 'bout that?

All the best, James

However, interestingly enough, the sccooter with the best price/performance ratio is the Torpedo. How 'bout that?

P/P ratio? Just wait until my kitchen eggbeater gets benchmarked... :D

As most of you know, in July we conducted the Tahoe Benchmark, where we tested as many scooters as we could get our hands on, under very rigorous testing conditions.

Although most of the scooters in the test are "technical" scooters, there are two recreational ones. The 2009 test will include more recreational scooters, as Sea Doo will participate (they had none to send for the 2008 test)

So here it is. Please keep in mind this is a research paper, all 25 pages of it, not some quick-flip article from Cosmo. I feel it would not be fair to release just the bare results, without a complete explanation of the methodology and the test conditions.

CoverPageMedium.jpg

The Tahoe Benchmark scooter test

All the best, James

I just read through the entire report and to say that I am impressed is an understatement. Wow. Thank you very much for such an in-depth analysis about how DPVs can be compared and should be compared so that the consumer truly has an objective view when considering purchasing a DPV. I am proud the the Cuda I own did so well in the testing phase but am even more so since I know that the data concerning the scooter supports my high opinion of it. I look forward to the next annual report and hope to one day be a tester :). Thank you again for sacrificing time, effort, energy and patience to create what should be the "Consumer Report" of DPVs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom