Donsol in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey,

Planning a last extended weekend trip diving in December and I am wondering if it is worth the long trek/flight to Donsol in the hopes of seeing whale sharks. Based on what I have read it looks like it is 50/50 on whether or not you see them in early December...

What are your experiences like? And the next question is... anyone know of people that will be there in December? The local advice has been excellent.

Jack

p.s. I will post my trip log from this weekend once soon. All I can say is that anyone who dives here is spoiled!!!!

I havn't been to Donsol yet, but if you're thinking of driving, or a bus, the trek would be 12-18 hours by road. The roads are not the best. Flying would be 45min to an hour. the airplane would be a small one 6-10 seats.
The Whale sharks and Mantas have been known to come through that early, but not that often, (snorkeling only).
Whale sharks have been seen in Anilao recently. Anilao is only 2 hours south of Manila.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines.:D:D

yeah, that might be a tad early for donsol. You could try Sogod Bay, since that's where the whale sharks are around that time before heading to donsol.

Back
Top Bottom