backplate and weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Diver

Reaction score
hi i have an ali back plate with a harness like the dir one home made and weighting is a problem i need 16lb of weight with my dry suit can i just have all the weight added to the bacplate but will this make me of balance can some help peezzz thanks

The best thing you can do is take some weights and a mostly empty tank down with you to a pool/seashore and experiment. Where the weights should be added has many variables based upon equipment and body type, in addition to personal preference, eg What tank are you using, what weight system are you using (weight pockets, weight belt, weight harness, etc), body fat distribution, how much ditchable weight you prefer to dive with or none at all.

Only bit of advice I have that I think works or everyone in a drysuit is just say no to ankle weights if you were thinking of using them. Instead work on preventing gas from acculimating there in the first place, like with Gaiters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom