Securing housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i've got an Ikelite 6240.87 housing for my canon SD870IS with a two handled tray and I was wondering if there is a preferred method to clip the housing & tray to my backplate harness, I thought perhaps of drilling the tray and mounting a stainless eye bolt and then clipping a bolt snap Bungee set-up to my D-ring. What material are your trays made of and is it o.k. to drill a small mounting hole in it. Or perhaps you can give me a better method .
thx
Robert:confused:

I presume you have the aluminum tray and handle #9523.32? The aluminum tray is e-coated before painting, so drilling compromises some of that benefit. You may eventually see a little bubbling in the paint around the hole eventually, but it shouldn't be anything horrible.

Often I have seen just a very short strap with clip tightened around the tray between the handle and the housing.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I just tie a short section of cave line to a convient place, then have a 1" or so loop on the 'loose' end of the line... attach double ender, and you're all set.

I used to tie off a single ended clip like in the photo below, but it's flops around and gets in the way, you can leave the double ender on the d-ring, when using the camera.

s70-2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom