Tec 2G vs Suunto D4 as a BT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carolrose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any opinions on which of these two is better for use in gauge or freediving mode as a BT? I have a credit at a shop that I don't use anymore that carries both. What I really want is a BT with seconds. I already have a Uwatec BT, but no seconds on that. I want to be able to see my depth and time in seconds on the screen at the same time. Anything beyond that is gravy. Does anyone know if either of these can do that, or if either of these does a better job in any other way worth considering?

Thanks for any info.

I don't know the Suunto, but I like the Aladin. It has depth and time, and a stopwatch function so you can time ascents. It has resettable depth averaging, although somehow I've can never remember how to do that underwater. The only criticism I have of it is that the display is relatively small, if you have old eyes like mine.

Timing ascents and descents is exactly what I want to be able to do, so I'm glad to know that works well. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom