Online source for wings for Halcyon BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bill harvey

Contributor
Reaction score
Will the diverite wings fit on? they seem to all be high lift except for the travel wing that is 30lbs lift, will it fit on the BP? or where can i get a halcyon 27lbs wing and what should i expect to pay so i don't get taken for a ride.

Bill,
I think that all major wings offer 11" hole patterns in their design...

If your looking for a Halcyon dealer online, call Bob Sherwood at All About Scuba in Vestal, NY. Bob will be happy to take the order and ship via UPS but doesn't offer automated online ordering. if thats what you are seeking then check out EXTREME EXPOSURE in Florida. I used both of them a lot.

I think any wing with an 11" spacing will work. The Fair Trade Price (FTP) last time I saw was $278. I got mine from Extreme Exposure for that. Here's a link to them to check them out. Also if you want to know more about the FTP policy here's Halcyons link for that info. Hope that helps.
Extreme Exposure Halcyon

Yes, thats correct..they sell by a set price. I know the Halcyon SS BP and harness kit is like $188.

Wow that is a bit more than i expected since i found the backplate and harness for 100 bucks online, but they only have the 18lbs pioneer on the site, and i am sure the 18 will be too small for a single steel 72 tank. wouldn't you guys agree? i dive in new england witha 7mm neoprene drysuit.

IMHO 18# is way too small, I dove a 45# personally. Some like 27's.

PM fredt here on the board for a price on one of his BP and harness. I use one and thinks its great and is probably much cheaper price wise and better made than the halcyon.I sold my halcyon plate and purchased a fredt 9lb plate.

As said before go with a 27 or 36lb wing.I use a 36lb wing as it gets my head a little higher out of the water for CA conditions.You also want to get a wing that will float your gear on the surface without you in it if you ever don your gear in the water or take it off to work on something.A halcyon 27lb wing is more like 20lbs of lift than 27 which is another reason i went with the 36lb wing.

Also ask fred about the x-wing if your not looking to spend a lot of money on a wing.

I'll be online soon (I hope) and handle it over the phone in the meantime.

bill harvey once bubbled...
Wow that is a bit more than i expected since i found the backplate and harness for 100 bucks online, but they only have the 18lbs pioneer on the site, and i am sure the 18 will be too small for a single steel 72 tank. wouldn't you guys agree? i dive in new england witha 7mm neoprene drysuit.
I use a steel 72 on occassion without any wing or bc... but I do use a drysuit... but even with a wetsuit you should be able to swim it up even without dropping your weight belt. However I do prefer to dive a single steel 72 with my 27# pioneer and SS backplate + 6# channel weight and reduce the weightbelt commensurate with that.

The 18# would be adequate for a single steel 72... but in that it doesn't connect across the bottom I prefer the #27. I dive the 27# with a single steel LP 104 as well.

I am glad to hear Mike F. is going online... in the meantime I suggest that you PM him for a phone number and give him a call.

No, Dive Rite Travel Wing does not have those holes, and is held in place by tank cam bands, which probably will not work with a BP.

Back
Top Bottom