JTRAK and iMac help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mountainsean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently picked up an Aladin Prime and downloaded Jtrak, but I haven't been able to get the Aladin to talk to my iMac. I was hoping that since the iMac has a built-in IR receiver, it'd work out of the box, but no dice. Anyone have luck with Jtrak? Did you use a 3rd party IR dongle, and if so, which one?

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean,
this won't exactly be the help you're looking for, but have you checked out your iMac's IRDA?

Back since the days of PB2400's, I've had many problems with the IR port on Macs. And since I gave up connecting my PalmIII(!) via IR to my PB2400 back in 1999, I've pretty much decided IR ports on Macs are defunct out of the box. (With the Pismo (PBG3/2000), I didn't even bother experimenting after a couple of failures!)

As for dive computers, I've been connecting my Suunto computers via serial-USB converter and VirtualPC with Pismo and PBG4, and moved to Parallels on my Air recently.

If your IR port is working, ie verified thru other PDAs etc, then it should be only a software/setting problem. Then it might take time to figure out, but your problem should be solvable. I hope things work out.

Back
Top Bottom