Leisure pro loses price match: be careful...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Reefers,

I first want to let all know that I have ordered and sold a lot of my scuba gear from and to leisure pro and have had items price matched in the past with stellar customer service.

However, just this last week I decided to shop a little more online because I was ready to pay $1,599.99 for a Galileo Sol computer and pay extra for shipping to Leisurepro.

So while they were on their holiday break I went to www.scubastore.com and found the Galileo Sol for $1,168.94. We are talking about computer with transmitter brand new.

To make a long story short, I wait for leisure pro to come back from holiday break fearing that the price match will be gone. After an intense 3 days they tell me that the manager is gone and they cannot price against that without his approval.

I show them emails were the same manager priced matched against scubastore in the past and beat them for a regulator, they say must wait another two days since the manager is out due to a broken foot.

No way, I am not going to wait and lose this deal. I go to scubaboard and look up the track record of this online company in Spain and see nothing but great feedback from divers like you, thanks.

I order it immediately and shipping is free to my door through DHL, I read the fine print on their website and United States is cleared of a lot of red tape that other countries have to pay.

Anyway, leisurepro calls me the next day to tell me their manager said NO! Okay I knew that was going to happen, I tell them bye bye.

Divers, she arrived today in only 4 days from Spain and here are the pics of this gorgeous computer at a rock bottom price.

Also for your information the price dropped another $100 dollars, those looking for a Galileo buy one if they are still on sale, get them before leisurepro picks them up and charges you all their high price.

Mike Guerrero

p.s
Want to say thank you to scubastore for making my purchase such a great experience, I will be purchasing many more things in the future from them.

ta3gvc.jpg

2v96y5l.jpg

mlgx8x.jpg

v4tsua.jpg

egthtd.jpg

Last edited:
I think one of my buddies bought a hard-to-find Sporasub mask from Scubastore. Great service, fast shipping, but the mask came in with a loose lens. We fretted about the hassle, time and cost of return shipping, but when he called them to complain, they told him a brand new mask was on the way and just to keep the broken one. Now that's service.

Great price btw, and enjoy the Galileo.

i JUST WAS ON THE WEBSITE YOU RECOMENDED, THE COMPUTER IS FOR SALE FOR $917.00 US. I CANT BELIEVE IT.THIS IS THE BEST PRICE FOR A GREAT NEW COMPUTER.

Welcome to the brave new world of currency volatility. The recent increase in the US Dollar versus the Euro was fast enough to trap a lot of businesses selling in Dollars and buying in Euros (probably LP) by sticking them with inventory bought with expensive Euros as little as a month ago.

It's a good time to spend Dollars in Europe, but there's no telling how long it'll last.

Leisurepro was very defensive about letting me have the price match. While they were on the phone they kept telling me that they were seeing everything in Euros and not in Dollars. I was upset with how they were making me feel like I was lying to them.

While having them on the phone I said, "okay let me copy and past the link and email it to you". Even with the exact link they didn't want to budge.

They kept telling me I have to wait for their manager and that this price is what they pay and they would not make money from me?

Okay so I said see you later, leisurepro works the system on the LDS but when a real deal comes our way they will not budge.

i JUST WAS ON THE WEBSITE YOU RECOMENDED, THE COMPUTER IS FOR SALE FOR $917.00 US. I CANT BELIEVE IT.THIS IS THE BEST PRICE FOR A GREAT NEW COMPUTER.

That price is without the transmitter... Just $100 more and you get the transmitter too...

Isn't that the computer with the compass built in that "tracks" your dive? I understand that you can enter your starting point and it Acts a bit like a GPS (wish gps worked underwater but it doesn't) so it can point you back to starting point or retrace directions you have moved. Let us know how it works. I'm VERY interested. I don't think it can tell you how far you have gone in any direction, just which directions you have moved. At any rate congrats and thanks for the info.

Mike-
I followed your lead and ordered one also. Great price and service from ScubaStore. Only question is that I can't find the address to send the registration card to, and it indicates it needs to be mailed in within 30 days. Where did you mail yours to? I also ordered a Zagg cover for it, but it has not arrived yet.

Vic

No need to send in a card for warranty registration. The registration is just marketing. In the US a warranty must be offered free and clear of any conditions.

Of course if your computer goes titsup you will be sending back to the EU for service as it is considered gray market in the USA. So ScuabPro/UWATEC USA will not touch it. Though you can always try.

My ZAGG came in yesterday and I installed it. Now I have double the protection on the screen, cannot beat that.

Mike...

p.s
I haven't sent off my warranty card but I suppose it would go to USA address for Scubapro since I'm here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom