High mounting for Transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM462432

Reaction score
Hello to all dive rite fans out there.
How do you adjust the mounting of the tank to allow
allowance between the head and the reg 1st stage.

It seems like the mounting of the tank is higher than a
normal BCD.

Thanks

between upper cam band and top of the tank neck. Couple reasons, trim is being main one...

I can touch the regulator by the back of my head.

I mount the top tank band just below where the top of the tank starts to curve in. The only way that my head will hit the regulator is if I do a contorted arching of my back combined with pushing my head back uncomfortably far.

I read that some pple invert their reg 1st stage to allow
a larger clearance.
Anyone tried that before?

Thanks

DM462432 once bubbled...
I read that some pple invert their reg 1st stage to allow
a larger clearance.
Anyone tried that before?

Thanks

It depends on the regulator. If it is a Scubapro MK25 or earlier model, the hoses can be moved around and the regulator inverted. I was doing that before I got the Transpac.

Anyone had any suggestions on how can I improve on the
Transpac II for a better dive?

I love my Transpac.

I kep going back and forth between pocket/no pockets, crotch strap/no crotch strap, wieght pockets/weight belt. The jury isn't in yet, and I've done a fair amount of dives with it. I'd be interested if any other Transpac users out there would share their thoughts about their configuration.

(Except for former users who say "trash it and get a packplate/harness combo, you stroke.")

yar.. people out there using the transpac II.
Do share your thought and practise....

I don't use any pockets other than for weighting. Whatever I take along has to have a small clip or boltsnap to attach to a D-ring. I thread weights onto the top tank band for trim. Previously, I used two 2 pounders close to my back, but now have a single 3 pound weight in the center of the upper tank band. Too bad, I can't find any 1.5 pound weights :)

I have a pair of Halcyon trim pockets on the waist belt with plastic weight retainers to keep the pockets from sliding around. These are used as a low capacity integrated weight system limited to 5 pounds each. I suppose I could use a weight belt for the measly 6 pounds that I have on my waist.

My TPII is set up with a Travel wing.

Leadweight,

I use a pair of ankle weights on my back. Together they wiegh 3.3 lbs. One goes on each side, in the spots where the Dive Rite trim weights are supposed to go.

I'm sure you can get ankle weights that weigh 1.5 lbs a piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom