Advice for destination 11/23-12/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon

Reaction score
I have about 3 weeks to dive from late nov to mid dec.. thinking about indonesia, raja ampat?, but have never been. any recs on where to go? how's the diving this time of year? thanks!

I looking for a place to dive around that same period as well. The only thing I can say with certaintly is that Raja Ampat is suppose to be incrediable. I will be there from Dec 21-28. There are two land based ops and lots of liveaboard options. The land based ops are Papua Divers and Misool Eco Lodge (check the spelling). Check dive-the-world for LA options. They seem good.

It looks absolutely spectacular. Scott has been everywhere and used to hold Palau as his favorite diving spot. Now, after a trip to Raja, he said it is better than Palau, however the Indonesian airlines absolutely SUCK with cancelled flights and time changes the norm. Look up his reports, they are excellent. travelnsj is his moniker. Just look up reports on Raja. He covers operators, vis etc.

I have about 3 weeks to dive from late nov to mid dec.. thinking about indonesia, raja ampat?, but have never been. any recs on where to go? how's the diving this time of year? thanks!

Thanks for the props, Mjgoodman, we do plenty of research to make sure we stay ontop of the best of diving.

Take for instance, this trip report about Misool Eco Resort from a trip that took place less than 2 weeks ago. Of course, there's also the skinny on Indonesia's liveaboards and dive resorts, not to mention the dive sites, which will certainly shed light on diving in Indonesia and help with your trip planning.

Back
Top Bottom